Monday, January 9, 2017

Review: Real Grade Gundam Mk-II Titans - 82.5%

Gundam Mk-II Titans. Fell in love with this guy when I saw him on display at a store and thought, such cool colors (always weak for blue color I am). Just gotta have him one day. So now that I have finished building and decaling him, am I still in love?

Real Grade Gundam Mk-II Titans
I think the Real Grade series is wonderful. Good pricing, incredible details and partly built inner frames. The only shortcomings is the lineup. Considering all that, of course I would choose Titans in Real Grade.

Visual

It's a blue Gundam! Cant go wrong with how it looks (note: personal preference). Nice blocky parts with lots of detail and contrast colors. I do think Mk-II has a much better look than the original RX-78, or even compared to the newer Gundams. Personally I prefer build with sharp edges instead of round ones, so the Titans really fits in.

Look at those blocky edges, nice!
Visual wise, I give it a score of 9!

Accessories

The accessories for Titans are:
  • Beam Saber (two pieces)
  • Beam Rifle
  • Shield
  • Vulcan Pod
  • Bazooka
Quite standard items for Gundams, but I do think its good enough. Especially how I always enjoy robots using big weapons such as the bazooka. You can put bazooka on the back under the backpack with a quite flimsy holder. But its adequate and can hold quite well for posing. Here are some poses with the included weapons.


The number sticker can be choosen betwen 01, 02 and 03.

The backpack is awesome
Accessories score : 8

Poseability

Due to the use of internal frames, the RG lineup mostly has very good poseability. Same goes with Titans. Lets check out the internal frame.




Without the armor, it is very fun to pose the internal frame. All the joints can move freely and I think it can mostly do anything you can think of.



It does get a little restricted when having the armors on. Mostly on the hip armor where it will block on how far the feet can move. But this happens in many Gunpla with a big mmm... skirt armor? So I'm not really complaining. Overall the Titans still have excellent poseability.


Poseablity score : 8

Crafting

If you have ever built a Real Grade before, Titans should be easy to build. Quite straight forward without too many gimmicks. I tend to like Gunpla with less transformation which makes it a solid build on the end. One design that is new for me is this clothing type of connection which gives it a cable like impression. Nice small add on and looks cool indeed

Nice small add-on from Bandai
These connections are available at the back of the knees, calves, and backpacks. I made a mistake when building the left knee and calf where the cutting was either too short or long. But learn from mistake and did quite well on the right one. Hope it doesn't get loose because the end part at the left knee is poking out.

Crafting score : 8

Summary

I had fun making the Titans and the end result was fantastic. It looks good, solid build, great accessories and easy to pose. Some people may prefer the Gundam Mk-II A.E.U.G version (the Titans is so good that I just might also buy the A.E.U.G version), but I do believe its pretty much the same except the colors. So it really is personal preference.

Visual : 9
Accessories : 8
Poseability : 8
Crafting : 8

Overall Score : 82.5

For the Real Grade lovers, this is a great Gunpla. I would recommend you to buy it. Thanks for reading.

Click here to view the gallery of Real Grade Gundam Mk-II Titans

No comments:

Post a Comment