Saturday, December 24, 2016

Review : System Weapon 007

Strolled around a toy store and saw this big discount on Gunpla accessories. One item caught my attention at about 60% discount is the System Weapon. I never saw this before and checked it closely and found out that it is weapon accessory for RG or HG type Gunpla. For RG you say? Count me in. I always like Bazooka as a weapon so I choose the 007 series that has it.



 The system weapon 007 consist of two weapons, Rocket Bazooka and Twin Beam Spear. I had always wanted the expansion pack for Sinanju RG (which is also bazooka), but the pricing is too high in my opinion. So this will be a good alternative. Was not so interested in the beam spear... until I checked the back of the box...


It turns out that both weapons can change to three different version. The Rocket Bazooka can change into a bigger Bazooka and... an even bigger Bazooka. The twin beam spear can change into this long beam Axe and into combination of both Spear and Axe.

Rocket Bazooka

Building the weapons is quite easy, not too many parts. So starting with the Bazooka, this is the first form.

Looking good Sinanju
 Unplug the front part and insert the long tube makes it an even bigger Bazooka.

Longer, bigger, better!
I like this one even more than the first Bazooka. It just looks more powerful and fits perfectly for Sinanju big size. Now unplug all that front part and replace it all with the bigger Bazooka.

Now thats a Bazooka
Visually, this thing is awesome. I really like the enormous size. But there's a drawback. Due to its sheer size, no RG can hold this properly without it falling down. Not sure if I'm doing it wrongly but I just can get it to be hold properly. To create that picture to look normal I had to tilt the camera when photographing it. But the real Gundam position itself was actually facing upward to prevent the Bazooka from falling down.

That is how it was positioned
Overall I would give the Rocket Bazooka a score of : 9

Twin Beam Spear

The default shape of the twin beam spear is having two beams facing almost the same way. I was expecting of a Darth Maul style of weapon, but maybe it can be done with a little configuration.


Never too fancy of the beam sword, so this is also not my kind of thing. Unplug those spears and replace with the Beam Axe and install the handle and you got yourself a bad ass weapon. This is my favorite form for it.

Now that is bad ass
The last form is to combine the Beam Axe and Spear and it become this awkwardly huge weapon where the Gundam can not really hold. Just too big for its size and cant really think of a better pose to hold it without falling.

Just too big
For the twin beam spear I give it a score of 7

Accessory

Bandai also provided a weapon drawer where you can put your system weapon as like in the weapon rack of a martial artist school. Need to use maximum the second form and without team beam to fit, or else would be too big.


My biggest disappointment is the provided grip to hold the weapons. It just does not hold the weapon securely and even though the box says it is for RG, the joint does not fit for the RG arms. Its a tad bigger, perhaps design for HG?

Left : RG fist, Right : System Weapon fist
From above picture can see how the Weapon Fist ball joint is bigger than the one in RG which makes it unusable.

Considering the price I got it for (about 7 USD), I find it System Weapon 007 a worthy buy. The weapon looks nice and is a very good addition for your collection. And it also can be use by RG! If only the provided fist can hold the weapon properly and can be use in RG, it will be superb. Considering to buy the System Weapon with Gatling Gun, also my favorite kind of weapon.

More pictures below. Thanks for reading everyone.






No comments:

Post a Comment