Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Learning How to Paint Gunpla : Part 1

Looking at my growing Gunpla collection make me think that I need to start leveling up my skills. So I'm thinking of trying to make a custom paint Gunpla. Honestly, my knowledge of painting is nearly zero so I have to learn from many website and video from the experts.

The first step is to decide who will be the victim for this test. I'm thinking of a 1/100 Gunpla so it will be easier for me to do the painting due to its size. But Master Grade are too expensive. Looking at the options of 1/100 Non Grade and comparing price wise I choose the Grimgerde 1/100 from IBO (Iron Blooded Orphans) series.

Started the upper body internal frame of NG 1/100 Grimgerde. Some say he has on the best internal frame around. Im excited
I love the design of Grimgerede (even though it only appears in very few episode of IBO season 1). The monotone color of red and black is perfect for a test subject. My other option was Graze, which is also from IBO and slightly cheaper than Grimgerde. But decided to choose the latter considering the design. Will post my progress of learning process to Gunpla painting and hopefully can share knowledge I just learn to you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment